Wednesday, December 18, 2013

the Dallas Jamboree Jug band. 

Vocalion 03092



here are both sides of Vocalion 03092.
an absolute masterpiece!
they recorded these sides in Dallas Texas in 1935
Dusting the frets on 9/25/35
and Elm Street Woman on 9/20/35
I haven't been able to find a recording of Dusting the frets anywhere online
so I uploaded it to youtube and you can also download it from the link below.
cheers y'all!~Stymee

hear Dusting The Frets on youtube
download both sides of the record from mediafire


5 comments:

  1. They sound great. Do you noise filter?

    Thanks for posting

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks.
      yes I usually do noise filter a little.
      really light though. it's mostly just EQ. I have a program that is supposed to detect "clicks and pops". I've found that it just kind of mellows out the surface noise a little. it'll take harsh crackles and turn them into more of a hiss.

      I never want to over do it though. I rather hear surface noise than a record that sounds like bad cell phone reception.

      it helps that this record is in pretty good shape also... because you cant shine a turd... as they say.

      Delete
  2. Swell new blog! Thanks for the time you put in, and the same to all us old music bloggers. Especially the 78 lovers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks Allen! I just joined your blog. great stuff!

    ReplyDelete